Borderline: Crossing the Border, Reaching the Dream
Winner of the 360 Filmmakers Challenge Tell 360 Award – Fall 2016
From the filmmakers: “We hope that people see that this is one story out of many. We want people to really listen and feel the pain these families go through. We want to make a difference on how people view our race and any race. We want equality for everyone. We want people to stop treating illegal immigrants and their families like they are not human. Because all of us are human, we all have a purpose in this world. We can make this world a better place.”
- What did you learn from watching this video?
- If you could ask someone in the video a question, what would you ask?
- Was there a particular part of the video that you found most interesting or surprising?
- What do you think is the significance of the film’s title?
- 360 Stories: Crossing the Border, Reaching the Dream Short Documentary – The students’ film shares the perspective of one of the student producers who took on the responsibilities of a parent after her mother was deported. In this behind-the-scenes look at their film, we see how she and her teammates joined together around the topic of immigration and how telling her story empowered her to use her personal experience to help others.
Watch Borderline: Crossing the Border, Reaching the Dream on Facebook:
Or watch Borderline: Crossing the Border, Reaching the Dream on Vimeo
There are several ways to experience 360° video, including through a VR headset, a VR viewer connected to a mobile device, a mobile device on its own, or through a web-based video player, as demonstrated above. See facebook360.fb.com for more about 360° video and “like” the 360 Filmmakers Challenge Facebook page for more youth-produced 360 media in the months ahead!