Raised by Charlottesville
Charlottesville High School in Charlottesville, Virginia
Winner of the 360 Filmmakers Challenge Complete 360 Award – Fall 2016
From the filmmakers: “Our video was created to show that even if you have grown and changed, your home will always be there. No matter if you see your home as gloomier than you did when you were a child, there is still beauty to be found. It may be a different kind of beauty, but it is there, you just have to look for it.”
- Have you ever felt nostalgic about a place or particular time in your life?
- If you could ask someone in the video a question, what would you ask?
- Was there a particular part of the video that you found most interesting or surprising?
- What do you think is the significance of the film’s title?
- 360 Stories: Raised By Charlottesville Short Documentary – Set at Charlottesville High School in Charlottesville, Virginia, the 360 film Raised by Charlottesville explores the community through the past and present day eyes of a young woman. In this behind-the-scenes look at their film, we see how the students collaborated to create a unique view of the community they grew up in before leaving for college.
Watch Raised by Charlottesville on Facebook:
Or watch Raised by Charlottesville on Vimeo
There are several ways to experience 360° video, including through a VR headset, a VR viewer connected to a mobile device, a mobile device on its own, or through a web-based video player, as demonstrated above. See facebook360.fb.com for more about 360° video and “like” the 360 Filmmakers Challenge Facebook page for more youth-produced 360 media in the months ahead!