We believe in the power of research to ground, inform, and support decision-making, as well as the design of programs and learning products. Below is a selection of research reports and case studies that Digital Promise and its partners have released.
Learner Positioning Systems
Digital Promise Global has launched the Learner Positioning Systems initiative to better personalize and support the full diversity of learning across all students.
League of Innovative Schools
The League advances digital transformation in K-12 education by connecting the most forward-thinking leaders of the nation’s public school districts.
Digital Promise is working to foster a dynamic, efficient K-12 market where informed consumers and innovative developers collaborate to create tools that improve the opportunity for all students to learn.
- Rapid Cycle Pilots: Improving Ed Tech Products through Feedback: This report shares findings from ed-tech product pilots conducted by Carnegie Mellon University and Digital Promise in three Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area districts. It includes recommendations for schools and developers on how to run an effective pilot process, and product efficacy results for five ed-tech products.
- Ed-Tech Pilot Report: This report, completed in collaboration with the University of California-Davis School of Education, shares insights from a research study of how school districts across the country try out, evaluate, and ultimately purchase technology that ends up in the classroom.
- Evolving Ed-Tech Procurement in School Districts: Based on a workshop hosted by Digital Promise and IDEO, this report explores ways the education technology market in K-12 districts can be further developed through changing the ed-tech procurement process.
Digital Promise’s Adult Learning initiative encourages the design and development of digital learning opportunities that meet the unique needs of under-served adult learners.
Educator Micro-credentials provide educators with an opportunity to gain recognition for skills they develop throughout their careers.
- Making Professional Learning Count: This report, by the research firm Grunwald Associates, highlights the importance of effective professional development for educators and summarizes teachers’ attitudes toward competency-based professional learning.
- Preparing Teachers For Deeper Learning: Written in partnership with Getting Smart, this paper outlines the attributes of next generation teacher preparation and makes recommendations to support the development of teacher preparation and development systems that will equip teachers to thrive in learning environments that develop Deeper Learning competencies.