Learning Studios Bundle
A Learning Studio is a place where learners define the problems they want to solve and design solutions to address them. Leveraging powerful technology from HP and Microsoft, students engage in activities and projects that expose them to skills and strategies such as design thinking, engineering, and digital communication.
Visitors to a Learning Studio will observe that:
- Students are deeply engaged in learning;
- Students demonstrate ownership of their learning;
- Students understand the value of taking on another perspective;
- Students understand that systems and products could be designed differently;
- Students take action to improve their local and global communities.
How We Engage
In 2016, Digital Promise Global collaborated with HP and Microsoft to pilot a design-centered learning program called Learning Studios. Now, joining the Learning Studios network is made possible through purchase by schools as a bundle of cutting-edge technology and professional services, including in-person training, support through an online educator community, project guides and challenges, and virtual exchanges.
To learn more about the bundle, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutting-edge technology from HP and Microsoft
- Sprout Pro G2 by HP with Capture Stage
- Dremel Idea Builder 3D40 for Education
- HP ProBook x360 11 G1 Education Edition featuring Dual Camera and Windows 10 Pro (Quantity 10)
- HP School Pack 3.0 Licenses
- HP Essential Charging Cart
Two days on-site professional training
The first day of training will exposes faculty and IT staff to the features of these new tools and enables their use. On the second day teachers will engage in a project-based dive into using these tools to facilitate student design-centered learning. (Training provided by Educational Collaborators)
Ongoing virtual support
Digital Promise Global provides ongoing support for up to 5 participating educators through an online community and resources space, including web-based training opportunities, teacher guides, project plans, and collaborative challenges to engage students. Digital Promise Global also connects students and teachers in virtual exchange and offers online access to instructional coaches.