How does your organization define competency-based education?
We leverage the iNACOL and CompetencyWorks working definition:
- Students advance upon mastery.
- Competencies include explicit, measurable, transferable learning objectives that empower students.
- Assessment is meaningful and a positive learning experience for students.
- Students receive timely, differentiated support based on their individual learning needs.
- Learning outcomes emphasize competencies that include application and creation of knowledge along with the development of important skills and dispositions.
Name: Amy Barger
District: Fulton County Schools
Download this resource.