Learners will discover how to leverage 360° filmmaking technology, the power of story and the power of community to inspire transformation in teaching, learning and leading.
360° filmmaking employs the use of a 360 camera and VR headset to surround the viewer with the image and fully immerse them within the story.
- Learn how to develop a story for 360 film
- Learn how to use the technology needed to make a 360 film
- Develop a short 360 film from blank page to screening
- Plan out a strategy to teach storytelling to students
Who should participate?
Educators who are interested in incorporating 360 filmmaking into their classrooms but have little to no previous experience with it. Previous knowledge of traditional video making or editing a plus but not required.
What is 360 Filmmaking?
- The Challenge Prompts
- 360 = Immersion
- The Community and Toolkit
- Unbox Equipment
Engage: What is 360 Filmmaking?
Big Idea: Story
Essential Question: How can we leverage 360 Filmmaking to engage students in impactful immersive storytelling and empower them to make an impact?
Challenge: Leverage the power of 360 Filmmaking to engage and empower students
Investigate: How do you make a 360 Film?
- Learn the technology
- Learn story development techniques
- Learn what makes an effective immersive story
Act: Make a 360 Film.
- Pre Production
- Develop your story concept
- Pitch your story concept
- Make a production plan
- Post Production
- Footage Workflow
- Exporting & Viewing
- Peer feedback
What are the logistics?
- Workshop length 1 day (6 hours)
- Maximum number of participants 20
- Technical requirements (Though we suggest specific brands below, you may use other equivalent products)
- Wireless internet access (and access to bypass firewalls)
- Personal computers or computer lab
- VR Headset (suggested: Samsung Gear VR)
- Smartphone (suggested: Samsung S6 or S7)
- 360 Camera (suggested: Ricoh Theta S)
- Editing software (suggested: Adobe Premiere or Premiere Elements)
- Individual Participant requirements:
- Access to personal computer
- Ability to download applications
- Basic computing skills
- Some media making skills a plus but not required