Resources for Organizers
We offer an array of resources to make organizing an Edcamp easy.
Edcamps can’t happen without our amazing community of organizers. Celebrate your efforts with these special resources:
- Edcamp Video: Filmed at EdcampNewark with organizer extraordinaire Juli-Anne Benjamin, this brief video (3.5 min) explains how and why an Edcamp works. Play it at the beginning of your event to generate energy and excitement.
- Apply for a micro-credential: Educators who organize Edcamps are creating rigorous and personalized learning experiences. The Edcamp Organizer micro-credential honors this skill set by quantifying leaders’ depth of understanding about participant-driven professional development.
Ready to start planning your Edcamp? Check our Organizer Tool Kit:
- Organizer Handbook: This step-by-step guide breaks down the steps to make organizing an Edcamp easy.
- Organizer Checklist: Our checklist for in-person events will help you keep track of all the moving parts.
- Planning a Virtual Edcamp: These tips and tools will help you and your Edcamp participants make the most of your virtual Edcamp.
- How to build a session board: Quick tutorial for creating digital session boards using Google Docs.
- Eventbrite Guide for Organizers: Instructions for managing your registration page when using an Edcamp Community account.
Want to make your Edcamp a unique, personalized event? Download and customize these templates:
- Edcamp Logo: Create a unique logo for your event using the Edcamp Community logo as a base.
- Session board template: A starting point to get creative with your digital session board. Remember to link your session topics and notes correctly, and don’t forget to update the privacy settings so people can access it!
- Moderator Guide for virtual Edcamps: Keep the conversations flowing in your breakout rooms with this customizable guide.
- Certificate of Completion template: Create certificates for your participants so they can submit to their administrator for professional development credit, if applicable.
Edcamp-in-a-Box is a free resource kit for eligible Edcamps in the United States. Note: Due to COVID-19, Edcamp-in-a-Box is currently unavailable.
- When you register an in-person Edcamp at least three months in advance and agree to the Edcamp Community’s Terms and Conditions, you may be eligible to receive Edcamp-in-a-Box and a $200 check for refreshment and supplies.
- Boxes include: name tags, markers and sticky notes, Edcamp-branded items (based on availability), sponsor contact information for resources and giveaway items, and Transcend’s Designing for Learning cards.
- Edcamp-in-a-Box is only available for in-person events; online Edcamps are not eligible. We do offer an alternative option for online Edcamps. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.