In this section, you’ll learn about 360° media production. By the end, you will have created a 360° media project!
- What do I need to know about the issue I’ve chosen and how it affects my community?
- How do I communicate about my topic using 360° media?
- How do I capture compelling 360° images and video? What are the best ways to place the camera? How do I capture audio while filming?
- How do I edit a story using video editing software?
- How can I add voiceover, narration, and titles to video?
- What do I need to know about using media and people in my video or photo story?
- What other questions do you have?
Getting Started with 360
360° video is a format that captures in every direction at once — up, down, and all around. This is possible with a number of different special cameras that shoot in all directions. Videos can be viewed in a browser by using a mouse to change the viewing perspective.
In this section you will develop your ideas into a story concept, and share your ideas with others. The first two activities help you think about 360° experiences and test out how your camera captures those experiences. At the end of this section, you’ll “pitch” your story to get feedback on your idea.
In this phase, you will transform your story concept into an action plan to capture all of the elements you need to produce the final film. Take what’s in your head and document it so that you can share it with everyone involved on your production team.
During Production, you film your story! Use your production plan as a guide to capture each element, piece by piece, always looking at how it fits into the larger puzzle.
By now, you should have a collection of footage and other elements that contain most, if not all, of your story. Now you just have to put them together! In this phase, you will learn how to edit 360 videos.