The Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools is a national network that connects and supports the most forward-thinking leaders in education.
League members represent 125 districts in 35 states serving more than 3.8 million students. Their diverse experiences reflect the advancements, challenges, and vital work of public education in the United States.
The League of Innovative Schools was launched at the White House under President Barack Obama within the U.S. Department of Education.
Advancing Equity and Excellence
Digital Promise works at the intersection of education leaders, researchers, and entrepreneurs and developers to improve learning with the power of technology. By collaborating on shared priorities, the League spearheads innovative learning and leadership practices to achieve equitable outcomes for every student. To that end, the League aims to:
Design, validate, champion, and scale effective, innovative learning opportunities to advance equity and excellence for every student.
- Design: Create policies, programs, tools, and models
- Validate: Inform design and efficacy with research
- Champion: Advocate for policies, programs and models that transform systems
- Scale: Share and drive adoption models for replication
- Effective: Proven positive impact
- Innovative: New or improved solutions to challenges
- Advance Equity: Ensure historically underserved student populations participate, benefit, and thrive
- Advance Excellence: Support solutions that increase knowledge and skills for student success
Superintendents are the core members of the League. However, superintendents may invite other members of their district team to participate in League activities. Membership in the League is for superintendents who demonstrate a proven track record and/or willingness to:
- Improve outcomes for students and solving the challenges facing K-12 schools through powerful and smart use of learning technologies
- Use their collective voice to advance positive change in public education
- Partner with entrepreneurs, researchers, and leading education thinkers and serves as a test-bed for new approaches to teaching and learning
- Commit to delivering educational equity for every student, everywhere
Members of the League are selected through a two-part application process and sign the membership charter upon joining. Candidates are selected based on the following factors:
- Vision and key achievements
- Potential for impacting student learning and educational leadership
- Openness to networking and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, digital, and educational equity
Learn more about League district members.
New Member Recruitment
Visit the application page to learn more about applying to the 2021-2022 cohort of the League of Innovative Schools. The application window opens on February 15, 2021 and closes April 30, 2021.