Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools connects and rallies the most forward-thinking leaders of the nation’s school districts.
By working together on shared priorities – and partnering with leading entrepreneurs, researchers, and education leaders – League districts pioneer innovative learning and leadership practices that lead to improved outcomes for students and that help prepare them for learning for life.
A National Network
Many public school districts share common challenges. League members represent 102 districts and 33 states, and their experiences reflect the diversity and shared challenges of public education in America. The Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools is a national network of forward-thinking education leaders who are working together to:
- Improve outcomes for students and solving the challenges facing K-12 schools through powerful and smart use of learning technologies
- Use their collective voice to advance positive change in public education
- Partner with entrepreneurs, researchers, and leading education thinkers and serves as a test-bed for new approaches to teaching and learning
The League aims to:
Galvanize networks to design, validate, champion, and scale effective, innovative learning opportunities to advance equity and excellence for every student.
- Design: Create policies, programs, tools, and models
- Validate: Inform design and efficacy with research
- Champion: Advocate for policies, programs and models that transform systems
- Scale: Share and drive adoption models for replication
- Effective: Proven positive impact
- Innovative: New or improved solutions to challenges
- Advance Equity: Ensure historically underserved student populations participate, benefit, and thrive
- Advance Excellence: Support solutions that increase knowledge and skills for student success
Members of the League are selected through a peer-reviewed application process and sign the membership charter upon joining. Superintendents apply to represent their districts and are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Vision and key achievements
- Potential for impacting student learning and educational leadership
- Commitment to networking and knowledge sharing
Learn more about League district members.