Maker Learning @ Home Cohort
Digital Promise is excited to announce the Maker Learning @ Home Cohort, a professional learning opportunity for educators committed to designing maker learning experiences at home. This cohort is open to educators representing schools, out-of-school-time programs, libraries, museums, and other organizations serving youth. At this time, this opportunity is only available to organizations and educators based in the United States serving learners based in the United States.
Educators will receive:
- Up to $5,000 (for their organization) to actualize maker learning projects with their learners
- A six-month cohort experience that includes:
- Professional learning tailored to the needs identified by the cohort participants
- Direct support designing and publishing a maker learning project guide to engage learners and their community
- Opportunities to connect with educators in Digital Promise networks
Digital Promise seeks to center equity in our work to ensure students have fair and just access to powerful and inclusive learning experiences. Through the Maker Learning @ Home cohort, Digital Promise is prioritizing support for the following stakeholders to increase access to maker learning opportunities:
- Community nonprofit organizations and Title I schools
- Educators beginning their “maker learning journey”
- Educators serving youth disproportionately affected by COVID-19
- Organizations looking to deepen their understanding and application of the Powerful Learning Principles
Learn more about this opportunity by reading our announcement blog “New Cohort Opportunity for Designing Powerful Learning Experiences” and the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Apply for the Maker Learning @ Home Cohort! Applications are due January 8, 2021. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.